Thursday, January 7, 2010

something funny

I tried to think of something funny to have as my first title, but I couldn't think of anything... sorry!

After thinking about it for a while and seeing how neat other people's blogs are, I decided to create my own.... wanting it to be a place where I can talk about what I'm learning about Christ and doing in life in general...

The title of my blog, Living Hope, refers to the only hope any of us have in this world: Jesus Christ, who is the son of God, who loved us so much He left His throne in heaven to come into this broken world in human form, to live a perfect life and die an undeserving death that was meant for us because of our sin... that by the sacrifice of His perfect blood we may be forgiven of our sins and therefore have a reconciled relationship with God, and not only that... but by Christ's resurrection, His defeat of death, we may have new life as He did... promised an inheritance of eternal life in heaven with Him.

It's so amazing that our God who is all powerful, the creator of the universe, completely just, is also completely faithful and loving to His people and desires for us to know Him. He loves us and is faithful to us even when we do not love Him and are not faithful to Him... He keeps pursuing us. I'm thankful for that because I definitely know I am not always faithful to Him and obeying His word and in drawing near to Him in love... but I have hope that my God is alive and is always faithful and loving towards me despite my actions. I don't have to prove myself to God or act a certain way for Him to love me more... He already loves me perfectly because of what CHRIST did for me, not because of anything I've done.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you..."
- 1 Peter: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.