INTEGRITY: adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
Working at Chick-fil-a, I witness numerous people who leave where they ate with absolutely no accountability to how they left it... and I definitely think that is why some people leave their space utterly gross (I'm not just talking about crumbs on the table and the floor). When it's busy, there's no way for me to make sure I wipe each table clean and sweep under it before the next person sits down... so some other customers have to deal with the previous customers' mess.
I started thinking about what prompts people to do this, and I realized that they really don't have much integrity. It doesn't effect them after they leave... they don't eat there again and are not held accountable for how they leave it. So what does influence or encourage them to do right at all in life? It's when it benefits them. When in reality, we should do right to glorify God and to do unto others as we would have them do unto us.
While thinking about this, it also made me think about what I read in Exodus yesterday about God's grace. I thought about how much I have sinned and not been selfess towards others (a whole bunch) and how many other people have sinned as well... yet our God is merciful and gracious. He gives us His son Jesus' sacrifice to redeem us and also gives us His righteousness!
"The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin..." Exodus 34:6-7a
So while I definitely tend to get angry at these people (and complain about them), I need to remember the abundant grace God has given me and give it to them as well... praying that God will work in their lives to show them the grace He offers them through Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.