So I haven't written on this blog in a long while... I guess because I feel like our life has been pretty boring :) I work at Chickfila for 30 hours a week and Chris makes calls and emails during the day. We haven't really met any new friends, so all we do really is hang out with each other and his parents (we are going to work on that by visiting another church... an Acts 29 network here since we are members of an Acts 29 plant in Athens). I am getting adjusted to Augusta life and starting to know my way around. We have seen some movement in support today... which is a HUGE blessing because it's been pretty much dead for a month. We got another supporter today as well as an appointment to speak to a Sunday school class in Statesboro on Sunday. I am going to be praying for BIG things to happen on Sunday. We are praying for $2000 in monthly support to come in in May... that would move us from 45% to 71%. This is BIG but I know that God can do it. We really want to be in Statesboro by August so that we can minister to the college students at the start of the school year. Sometimes it is a little frustrating... thinking about Luke 10:2
[And he said to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.]
because the harvest is PLENTIFUL at GA Southern... I think there have already been 6 people who have accepted Christ since just TWO staff arrived in late October and multiple other students who are commiting their lives to LIVING for Christ and not just viewing Christ as fire-insurance. So we are really desiring to be down there to labor for the Lord, but are raising support... but we know that the Lord works for our good, is completely sovereign, and will do everything when He knows it's time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.